Learn from the Best: Successful Startup Pitches
Looking for inspiration for crafting your startup pitch? Business Insider highlights some of their favorites, including ones from Mint, ZocDoc, and Loopt. They also offer some general advice for a successful pitch:
- If you don’t grab people within the first minute, they’re going to start checking their email.
- Tell the story through the problem. It needs to be a story about problems and solutions.
- Have a concrete business plan and drive home how you’re going to make money.
- Know your material, and keep the energy up.
- When pitching directly to an investor, make sure you say what you’re going to do with the money.
- Finish strongly and sum up why someone should invest in the company.